Friday, February 17, 2012

Chicken and Avocado Sandwich


So, why is this blog called Loves Avocado you ask? It is super cheesy and a little lame. OK,  a lot lame.

When my husband and I were dating, I asked him what is favorite vegetable was. He said tomato (however, now that I think of it, isn't that a fruit? Whatever, we will pretend it is a vegetable). I said mine is avocado. Well, then I started calling him my "Cado" and he called me his "Mato."

I warned you of the cheesiness.

Last week, my husband and I saw David Guetta in concert at UNH. This was my Valentine's Day gift to my Cado and we had a blast. It was awesome despite the fact that we were 10 years older than pretty much everyone there and we missed the memo that we were supposed to wear white. So THAT is what Winter White Tour means lol. Nonetheless, we had a great time and danced all night. We <3 Guetta



I realized during the show that he looks a lot like Ellen DeGeneres

David Guetta

Ellen DeGeneres person



Totally! Right? Right?

Ok maybe just a little.

Anyway, we got home exhausted and way past our normal bedtime. My husband woke up in the middle of night with some sort of vicious stomach bug and stayed in bed for the next two days. He sipped on some chicken soup, orange juice and Pedialyte and hid himself under the covers.

So I opened the fridge and found cooked chicken breast that needed to be eaten ASAP and a couple avocado that I bought because they were on sale. I made this super yummy recipe in no time at all, which left me plenty of time to Lysol the whole house and dance around to David Guetta.

Chicken and Avocado Sandwich
Ingredients:
2 slices of whole wheat bread
1 chicken breast, cooked
1/2 avocado cut into slices
1 tbsp balsamic vinaigrette
one slice of sharp cheddar cheese
handful of mixed greens

Directions:
Toast bread. Pile rest of ingredients between bread. Wrap sandwich in paper towel. Microwave for 15-20 seconds. Enjoy with a side of cherry tomatoes and the other half of the avocado.


No comments: